Below, you will find instructions on how to Reset Your API Key. There are different instructions for Enterprise Customers (TelePortal) and Standard Customers (Portal).
Please note that API Key resets are managed on a per Account level, if you wish to reset the API Key for more than one account, you must follow the steps below for each individual account.
You can have 2 API keys active on one account until the original key reaches the end of the expiration period. At that time the original key will be deleted and only the newly created key will work.
Enterprise Customers - TelePortal API Key Reset Instructions
1. Login to your TelePortal account at: https://teleportal.telesign.com
2. Select Organization > View
3. Select the Account Name you would like to reset the API Key for. Click on the selected Account Name. Once the Account page has loaded, scroll down the page and you will find a REST API table. On that table, click on the "Reset" button.
4. After clicking the "Reset" button, you will be given an option to choose your API Key expiration date. Note: if you chose API Key to reset 'Immediately', please allow 15 minutes for changes to take effect.
5. For SMPP customers, you will see SMPP Credential window at the bottom of your account page – Select the ‘Reset Password’ button to reset.
Standard Customers - Portal API Key Reset Instructions
1. Login to your account via Self Service Portal: https://portal.telesign.com
2. On the Getting Started page, scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage API Key’.
3. You will be directed to the Account Settings page. On the Account Settings page, scroll down to the API Key section, click ‘Reset Key’.
4. Please note, you must have a verified phone number on your account before you can Reset the API Key. If you have not verified your phone number, you will see the message below in your API Key table. Click on "verify" to get your API credentials.
5. After clicking the "Reset" button, you will be given an option to choose your API Key expiration date.