Beginning with Marshmallow, you must explicitly request certain permissions you need for your application. This section displays all permissions you may potentially need.
- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - You must ask the end user to grant this permission.) Allows read only access to the phone's state, and is used to determine the status of any ongoing calls. You need this permission so you can verify that your end user receives a phone call from TeleSign.
- android.permission.CALL_PHONE - (When you ask the end user to grant the READ_PHONE_STATE permission, Android bundles this one in with it.) You need this permission so you can cancel phone calls from TeleSign.
- android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS - (You must ask the end user to grant this permission.) You need this so your application can receive SMS messages. You need this permission so you can read contents of SMS messages from TeleSign.
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - This permission is optional. You only need it to write encrypted logs to the SD card.
- android.permission.INTERNET - Allows applications to open network sockets.
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Allows applications to access information about networks.
- android.permission.VIBRATE - (Optional) Allows access to the vibrator. If this permission is enabled, a signal will be sent to alert the end user about an incoming call or SMS message